Forums | Steam | Twitter | Facebook | Discord | Reddit | Development Blog
A strategy game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
In the Wyrmsun universe a myriad of inhabited planets exist. Humans dwell on Earth, while dwarves inhabit Nidavellir and elves nourish the world of Alfheim. These peoples struggle to carve a place for themselves with their tools of stone, bronze and iron. And perhaps one day they will meet one another, beyond the stars...
Get Wyrmsun for free on Steam!
- Retro-style graphics
- 3 playable civilizations, and a number of non-playable ones
- Scenarios playable on a huge map
- Dozens of units, buildings and technologies
- Personal names and traits for units
- Units can earn experience, being able to upgrade to new unit types or acquire new abilities upon level-up
- Persistent heroes, who carry over their level and abilities throughout scenarios
- Possibility to create your own custom persistent heroes
- Normal, magic-enchanted and unique items drop from enemies
- Very moddable game, with a built-in mod editor and Steam Workshop integration
- In-game encyclopedia, allowing players to learn more about the units, buildings and other elements of the game, as well as their historical and mythological sources of inspiration
Wyrmsun's lore is based on history and mythology, and on the lore of other open-source fantasy games, such as Battle for Wesnoth.
Wyrmsun is open-source and freely available outside Steam. Its data repository can be found here, and its engine's repository is available here.
The Stratagus engine, as well as the code and story elements included in Wyrmsun are distributed under the GPL 2.0 license. For the licenses of the graphics, sounds and music, look in the /graphics/credits.txt, /sounds/credits.txt and /music/credits.txt files included in the game.